Friday, November 4, 2011

Creating a border in kids drawings

I've already mentioned elsewhere on this blog that I'm a fan of Donna Hugh's art videos.   The idea for making a border for artwork came from one of her videos.  I demonstrate it here and include a few examples of work from my kids.

Since this idea is new to me, I thought I'd share it with you.  I'd love to hear comments and ideas you use for boarding artwork. 

In the next several blogs I'll share some of the art work for grades 1-5 that we just completed.

2 comments:

  1. I very often include a border with the kids projects. Sometimes I will just mount the pictures onto a larger piece of construction paper and the kids can decorate that border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to have a border when my students paint but it requires a bit a prep work on my part. I pre-tape the papers to a larger piece of heavy stock. I use paper that is donated by a local paper company for the stock so don't really know what it is. The stock measures about 18 x 24. I use a blue painter's tape so it removes with ease. After the paper is taped down, I use a sharpie to write each child's name on the tape portion of the set-up. It's more work for me but it leaves a really nice border for a finished look on their work.

    ReplyDelete